19 February 2007

University of Southern Queensland


slusq
Originally uploaded by shockwaveplasma.
The slow but sure creep of education in to SL is happening.

This in not my Uni, but it was one of my options.

Part of a Queensland Govt grant to a Phd student, it's an OK build, not great or flashy. I don't recall a Unicorn on the Uni shield.

Nice horn :-)

Update 25-2007:- Decka has left a comment, that updates my factual errors (ooops, sorry Decka.) I visited again last night, and realized it does sort of remind me of going to the beach, and is quite relaxing. I only had very short chat to Decka, as it was very late here.

I think I read on sloz.com that it was the official USQ island, and that is why I was expecting something different.

( As usual any errors are my own, and I take responsibility for them )

To live in Australia permanently is rather like going to a party and dancing all night with one's mother.
Barry Humphries

2 comments:

Lindy McKeown said...

Hi Shockwave
Interesting to meet you today briefly. Just a note on the "build" as it was developed on purpose to not be flashy or exotic. The presence research indicates familiarity as a way to get the willing suspension of disbelief so I have opted for recognizable features and buildings rather than creative and exotic. A lot of space was just filled in with a forest until my program participants need the land for their projects. Also the island is my research site, not the property of the UNiversity, although they do rent a store there.
Regards
Decka

Shockwave Plasma said...

After my second visit, I was going to rewrite that bit about "The Build". It was nagging at me, and I thought it was unfair.

But as it was 00.05 I only really wanted to go to sleep.

But of luck with your research.