Protest March and Rally – Sat 15th September 2012Don't like what is happening in Russia with Pussy Riot?
Don't like what is happening in Ireland with the Catholic Church, and it's history of evasion when it comes to child abuse?
Don't like the idea of paying a Church Tax?
Don't want your country signing Concordats with the Vatican?
We protest against:
- the privileged status of the churches under Article 17 of the TFEU (Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union)
- the privileged status of churches in countries where they are established
- the special status of the Vatican at the United Nations and its economic and political privileges across Europe
- state-funded religious schools
- freedom of religion, freedom of conscience and freedom of speech
- women’s equality and reproductive rights
- equal rights for LGBT people in all the European Union
- a secular Europe – democratic, peaceful, open and just, with no privilege for religious or belief organisations
- one law for all, no religious exemptions from the law
- state neutrality in matters of religion and belief
When: 15 September 2012
Assembly: 13:30 Storey's Gate
March: 14:00-15:00 Storey's Gate, Parliament Square, Bridge Street, Embankment, London.
Rally: 15:00-17:00 Surrey Street (Temple Place)
Website for the event is http://secular-europe-campaign.org/
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.